Wednesday 27 May 2015

Custom Magnets

Want magnets to match your home or kitchen decor? 
Trust me, they look way better than those free ones you have from your realtor or local pizza delivery or whatever. Make these super easy ones for yourself or a friend. A simple custom handmade gift. 
I wish took more pictures, sorry, but this is so easy you won't need a lot of instruction from me. 

Get some of those glass blobs from Micheal's or the dollar store. They are round on top and flat on the bottom, you usually see them in a bag or net for a couple bucks. I think they are actually called glass beads for vase filler. They come in lots of colours and are used in floral arrangements and stuff. "Stuff" being these custom magnets!
Then get some basic magnets, small discs work best. These are also found at Micheal's or a dollar store. 
Finally, gather up a magazine of interest or some of your favorite scrapbooking papers. 

Here I have a recent PotteryBarn catalogue, flipping through it I saw this picture and really like the colour combos:
Here's another picture I like, cute colours, eh?
So simple stuff here...
Cut out a circle of the paper you like, then use modge podge or glue to attach it to the flat side of the glass blob.
When the paper and glue is completely dry, go ahead a glue the magnet on. 
I told you, simple simple! And super cute for your home!
A few of them together is a nice little collection for your fridge, or for your friend!
~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment