Wednesday 17 December 2014

Key Frame

 
This key frame is the perfect spot to hang your keys when you come in the door so you know exactly where they are when you want to head out the door. And it looks great! 
I started with a basic frame. This one I made from old painted wood, and it is 5.5 inches by 7 inches. It's rustic looking, not perfectly square, but I like it. 
You can buy or make a similar one to fit your space. 
Line the back of the frame with your choice of paper, this is a piece of scrap booking paper that I cut to size. I glued the paper to the backing and then attached it to the frame. 
I found these antique looking keys at the craft store, I bought them a long time ago but I knew I would find a "need" for them some day. Using a hotglue gun, I attached the keys to the paper backing. 
Screw the cup hooks in to the bottom of the frame.
 Now hang this in your entryway and you are done! No more lost keys! 
~Jess

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever gone to a Home Decorating/Paint store and requested their out of date wall paper books? Some will say yes, some no, some will charge and some say they donate them to schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is genius! What a great way to get a bunch of beautiful, high-quality papers! I will investigate here in Edmonton, AB, Canada....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please forgive the tardy reply, I am pretty new to this and didn't even see your comment until today!

    ReplyDelete